Australian therpahosids

Diskutiere Australian therpahosids im Weitere Spinnenarten Forum im Bereich Haltung; Hello, A few photos of Australian spiders :) My apologies for not speaking German, I hope I do not offend anyone by speaking English :) Phlogius...
  • Australian therpahosids Beitrag #1
D

digdown20011

Punkte Reaktionen
Hello,
A few photos of Australian spiders :) My apologies for not speaking German, I hope I do not offend anyone by speaking English :)

Phlogius crassipes KOCH 1874

Phlogius sp. "Sarina"

Phlogiellus sp.

Coremiocnemis sp.

Selenotholus sp. cf stirlingi HOGG 1901

Selenotypus plumipes POCOCK 1895

Selenotypus sp.1

Selenotypus sp.3

Unknown genus/species (waiting for a moult or preserved specimen)

Cheers,
Steve

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #2
Skuromis1

Skuromis1

Punkte Reaktionen

AW: Australian therpahosids

Hey Steve, nice pic's an T's as well, thanks for sharing it!

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #3
R

Regulus

Punkte Reaktionen

Hi Steve,

welcome here! :)
Nice pics of very lovely (but in germany unfortunately hardly ever to get) spiders.

Regards

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #4
D

digdown20011

Punkte Reaktionen

Hi,
Thankyou for the kind words :)

You may see some in Germany soon, I'm sending over a large shipment to England within the next few weeks. Others will be going to Poland and Russia later in the year. I'm yet to hear from an importer in Germany, but I do have 5 species, all captive bred and available for bulk export in legal shipments (I have my export permit).

Of the above, both of the Phlogius spp. and the Selenotypus plumipes will be available, as well as some others (a very similar species to the Phlogiellus sp. posted above.

If nobody in Germany imports them, I'm sure some will turn up in one or two of the big shows (KWH, Hamm, etc) from an English supplier in the next year or two :)

VvW is receiving some very soon, to discuss their classification, but only for himself via another friend in Denmark.

Cheers,
Steve

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #5
Ferdinand1

Ferdinand1

Punkte Reaktionen

Hi Steve,

1st of all welcome to our panel here !

Many thks for the very interesting pics abt australian spiders but please note that this is a information-platform only, so no advertisements allowed here - only in case you thought about that... :wink:

brgds, Ferdinand

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #6
BlackSun

BlackSun

Punkte Reaktionen

Hi Steve,

sounds very nice! Do you import both sexes? Are they spiderlings or adults? Would be very fine to etablish these spiders in europe.

cheers ...

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #7
Spinnifex1

Spinnifex1

Punkte Reaktionen

Hi Steve,

thanks for the pics and the information. Often we are in doubt whether the declarations on imported spiders are correct. In this case we should be able to rely on the declaration?! ;) Anyway, it's better to know such things before the animals appear on the tables in Hamm.

All the best,
Claudia

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #8
D

digdown20011

Punkte Reaktionen

Hello Claudia,
Yes, my declarations are correct :) I have all paperwork here to supply before any shipments go out, this is something I MUST do from Australia anyway, I am not allowed to send anything out without the right documentation :) All animals are captive bred (F2) with recorded bloodlines as well.

Cheers,
Steev

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #9
D

digdown20011

Punkte Reaktionen

Hello Ferdinand,
Thankyou for the information. Perhaps if anyone is interested further they should "private message" me :) My apologies for not being aware!!

Thanks,
Steve

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #10
D

Devilette

Punkte Reaktionen

hey steve, your spiders look amazing!!

i used to live in australia (sydney) but i actually only got interested in tarantulas as pets when i got back to germany. i used to go mad when i saw any spiders before i moved to australia, im conviced that country cured my phobia ;) im now heaps fascinated by them and just got my first one its a grammostola aureostriata and totally lovable!

i really like the looks of your spiders, are any them in germany yet? and would you recommend one of these breeds for me as a beginner?

cheers and bye, D

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #11
tigelente

tigelente

Punkte Reaktionen

wow!!!! i would like have one of these spiders!!!! *; (

very nice pics steve!

greets
ente (duck)

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #12
meierhofer82

meierhofer82

Punkte Reaktionen

Aha :?

• Australian therpahosids Beitrag #13
D

digdown20011

Punkte Reaktionen

i really like the looks of your spiders, are any them in germany yet? and would you recommend one of these breeds for me as a beginner?

cheers and bye, D

Hallo D,
I would probably recommend another species for someone new to the hobby, only because our spiders seem to be very fast in comparison to others. Although, here in Australia, we can only keep Aussie spiders, so a beginner must start with one of ours!! And I have not heard of a single beginner keeper here in Oz who has been bitten with thier first spider, so if you like them, it's not such a big risk ;)

Also, there have been some changes to the above names on the species photographed, S.plumipes is actually Selenotypus sp.1, and I missidentified the Coremiocnemis sp. in the above image, which is actually in my opinion Phlogius cf. papuanus. The spider labelled above as S.plumipes is actually Selenotypus sp. NEBO, a very close relative to the type species. The others are still the same.

S.plumipes female (formerly in above image, Selenotypus sp.1 adult, but small mature, they get to about twice that size):

Cheers,
Steve

Thema:

Australian therpahosids

Australian therpahosids - Ähnliche Themen

28.10.2017 - 50. Internationale Vogelspinnenbörse in Marbach am Neckar inkl. Vortrag: Hallo zusammen! An dieser Stelle möchte ich auch auf unsere kommende 50. Internationale Vogelspinnenbörse in Marbach am Neckar hinweisen...
Oben